DLTK's Educational Activities - Number Buddies
Number Four Craft
Point out all the number 4's (his body is a number 4, he has a 4 on his cow and he has a number 4 on his hat). How many items are in
groups of four (four cows, each cow has four legs, each side of the mustache has four whisker hairs). Add up all the fours (four
cows + four legs + four legs + four legs + four legs + four hairs + four hairs = 28 fours). Count all the number 4's (his body + the 4
on his cow + the 4 on his hat = 4 fours).
- a printer,
- something to colour with.
- Print out the template of choice. If using a black and white printer, try printing on construction paper.
- Colour pieces, as necessary.
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance.
- Glue the hat, face and arms onto the body (the number 4).
- Glue the cows along the bottom of his body.
- (See the picture above for how it is meant to look when complete).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print Friendly version of these instructions