DLTK's Educational Activities - Number Buddies
Number One Craft
Point out all the number 1's (his body is a number 1 and he has a number 1 on his hat). How many items are in groups of one (one snowflake, one body, one nose, one mouth, one hat). Add up all the ones (one snowflake + one body + one nose + one mouth + one hat = 5 ones). Add up all the number 1's (his body + the 1 on his hat = 2 ones).
- a printer,
- something to colour with.
- Print out the template of choice. If using a black and white printer, try printing on construction paper.
- Colour pieces, as necessary.
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance.
- Glue the hat, face and arms onto the body (the number 1).
- Glue the snowflake into one of his hands.
- (See the picture above for how it is meant to look when complete).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).