DLTK's Educational Activities for Kids
Xavier X. Pirate Alphabuddy
Darren and I had a disagreement about why the letter X was a pirate... I
figured it was because "X marks the spot"... he figured it was because of the
skull and cross-bones. Xavier's kinda neat either way!
- a printer,
- something to colour with.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour pieces, as necessary. If you are using the black & white template
and still want the X to look like a map, search through some travel
magazines. Find a nice map. trace an X shape onto it and make Xavier out of
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance.
- Glue the hat, face, parrot onto the pirate (the letter X). Draw some black lines or glue on black wool to finish off the eye patch.
- (See the picture above for how it is meant to look when complete).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Xavier X template: color or B&W
Printable version of these instructions