Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
Simple Zz template to print and color
One activity you might want to consider is to watercolor paint a frame for this template:
- Print the template and color in the Z z. Point out to the child which is the capital Z and which is the lowercase.
- For this project we'll be using the same technique as we use when making a paper doll.
- Take a piece of construction paper and accordion fold (fan fold) it a number of times. I like to fold the shorter edge of the paper so I get more folds, but it doesn't really matter.
- Draw two diagonal lines on the top fold with a pencil. Have the child use scissors to cut along these lines.
You'll now have a folded up stack of paper shaped like
Unfold the paper and you'll have a zig zag strip of construction paper! It's very magical for preschoolers to see the shape when they unfold the paper.
Repeat this process 3 more times (you can use the same piece of construction paper or different colors).
- Glue your 4 zigzag strips around another sheet of construction paper to
make a frame
- Trim the ends.
- Cut out the letter Zz and glue to the center of your frame.
- Whenever I do these projects with Kaitlyn, I get to draw pictures of words that start with the letter and then she gets to color them. Don't stress about your drawing skills... the kids will love watching you draw! Letter Z words I drew were a picture of a zebra, a zigzag, a zipper and a zero.