template window when done printing to return to this screen.
Xx template to print and color
One activity you might want to consider is to watercolor paint a frame for
- Print the template and color in the X x. Point out to the child which is
the capital X and which is the lowercase.
- Cut out an X from a scrap piece of construction paper.
- Talk to the kids about how pirates would bury their treasure on an island
and make a map of where they put it. They would mark the spot where the
treasure is with a big X (X marks the spot).
- Make your own X marks the spot treasure map:
- Draw a dot on a piece of white paper with a little stick figure or the
- Have the children glue the X somewhere else on the paper.
- Let the kids draw a line between the dot and the X. It can be as
wiggly and wandering as they like.
- OPTIONAL: Add little pictures of mountains, lakes, snakes, etc that
you'd have to walk through to get to the treasure.
- OPTIONAL: Draw a treasure chest near the X (now I know you're
thinking, "but Leanne I can't draw!" Well, daddy did the letter X with
Kaitlyn and he drew the treasure chest for her -- if my husband, the
accountant, can do it anyone can!
- Remember to color in your letters, then glue them to the center of your