template window when done printing to return to this screen.
Uu template to print and color
One activity you might want to consider is to make a rainy day umbrella
picture for this template.
- Print the template and color in the U u. Point out to the child which is
the capital U and which is the lowercase.
- Draw little umbrellas onto the letter Uu and color them in. (or print the
template I made that has the umbrellas on them)
- Mix blue tempra paint and water about 3/4 and 1/4 in a paper plate or
- Make it Rain: Using a toothbrush and a bamboo skewer or your fingernail,
splatter the paint onto a piece of white construction paper.
- this is a messy activity so make sure you're covered up
- make a less messy version by dabbing a q-tip into the paint and then
dotting it randomly onto the paper.
- OPTIONAL: Pull apart a cotton ball a little bit and glue it onto the top
corner of the page (as a cloud)
- Cut out the Uu templates and glue them onto the rainy page
- OPTIONAL: Make a little umbrella for the page by cutting out a half
circle of paper and gluing it to the page. Glue a toothpick handle
- Whenever I do these projects with Kaitlyn, I get to draw pictures of words
that start with the letter and then she gets to color them. Don't stress
about your drawing skills... the kids will love watching you draw! Letter U
words I drew (on a separate piece of paper) were an umbrella, the universe
(stars and planets), unicorn, an arrow pointing up and underwear.