Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
Simple Hh template to print and color
One activity you might want to consider is to make a sponge heart stamp frame for this template:
- Print the template and color in the H h. Point out to the child which is the capital H and which is the lowercase.
- Cut a small piece of sponge into a heart shape. (You could also carve a
potato into a heart shape, but I find this a bit harder)
- Thin red or pink tempra paint with 1 part water to 4 parts paint on a clean styrofoam meat tray or a recycled margarine container.
- Let the children dip the sponge into the paint and dab it onto piece of construction paper.
- Remember to color in your letters. Throughout the alphabet lessons, use a variety of mediums for coloring the letters (crayons, pencil crayons, markers, pens, pastels water color paints, tempra paints, finger paints, etc).
- Fold the construction paper in half and cut a rectangle out of it so
you're left with a 1 or 2 inch frame
- Cut the Hh letters out of the template and glue them onto the construction paper
- Fold the construction paper in half and cut a rectangle out of it so you're left with a 1 or 2 inch frame
Whenever I do these projects with Kaitlyn, I get to draw pictures of words that start with the letter and then she gets to color them. Don't stress about your drawing skills... the kids will love watching you draw! Letter H words I drew were heart, house, hand and horse.