What is it?
Arrange a series of picture cards into the logical order to create the story from beginning to end.
(Click here for more story sequencing from DLTK's)
1. Free Play
- Give the child the cards in a random pile.
- Allow them to arrange the cards in the correct order.
2. Memory (Guided) Play
- Read the child a simple story (you can make it up or use a book like "Maisy makes Gingerbread")
- After the story is through, ask them to arrange the cards in the same order as in the story.
Flash card type templates. You can use these in a variety of activities (see activity suggestions above).
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour pieces, as necessary.
- OPTIONAL: Glue to a thin piece of cardboard (ex: old cereal boxes) and let dry (you can also laminate or cover with clear contact paper to make them last longer)
- Cut out the cards. This step may require adult assistance.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).