DLTK's Educational Crafts - Learn the Alphabet
OSCAR THE GROUCH CRAFT
Oscar is made with a toilet paper tube, a printer, a piece of paper,
some crayons, scissors and glue. I always prefer to use a heavy
paper (like construction paper), but it isn't necessary.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- You can use tinfoil instead of the template piece to cover the tube. (it's tougher to glue to tinfoil though!)
- We also cut off about 1/4 of the tube so it was shorter.
- Glue the head onto the front of the tube.
- Glue the garbage can lid onto the BACK of the head
- Glue the hands so it looks like they're peeking just over the top of the
can (see picture above).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).