DLTK's Educational Crafts - Learn the Alphabet
Franklin books are the favorite of many preschool and kindergarten kids (including mine). Franklin is made with a toilet paper tube, a printer, a piece of paper, some crayons, scissors, and glue. I always prefer to use a heavy paper (like construction paper), but it isn't necessary.
- Print out the template of choice. If using the black and white template,
try printing on coloured construction paper.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- Glue on the head, arms, and legs.
- Glue the shell onto the back of the tube.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one
page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).