DLTK's Educational Crafts - Learn the Alphabet
Bobby B Paper Craft
Bobby's favorite colour is Blue and his favorite pass time is playing
Baseball. Look around the room and see how many things you see that
start with the letter B. If that's too difficult for your children (it
depends on the age), look for how many Blue, Brown and/or Black things they
- a printer,
- something to colour with.
- Print out the template of choice. If you're using the black and white
template, try printing it on blue construction paper.
- Colour pieces, as necessary. For a change of pace, experiment with
different mediums like fingerpaints, pastels or why not try gluing small
pieces of tissue paper instead of colouring.
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance.
- Glue the face, spiky hair, arms and legs onto the Body (the letter B).
- Glue the Baseball Bat onto Bobby's hand. Write out Bobby's Baseball Bat
on a piece of paper. Have your child count how many Big B's there are (3).
Have your child count how many small b's there are (3). Now, have your child
add the Big B's (3) + the small b's (3) to give you the total number of B's
(6). To prove that adding really works, go back and count all the Bb's ...
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one
page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).