DLTK's Educational Activities
Letter B Bear Paper Craft
A simple cut and paste paper craft - make a bear with the letter B and some simple shapes (mostly circles and ovals).
Making animals out of letters doesn't actually work for all children -- sometimes the character distracts too much from the letter. My eldest daughter, Tasha found they muddled her whereas with my younger daughter Kaitlyn it seemed to reinforce the lessons (plus she LOVED making them).
Anyways, I mention this so if you find they're not working for your children you don't feel all alone! I hate feeling all alone when I'm parenting *smile*.
- something to colour with.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour pieces, as necessary.
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance.
- Glue the ear middles onto the ears.
- Glue the ears onto the top of the B.
- Glue the muzzle onto the center of the B.
- Glue the nose and mouth onto the muzzle.
- Glue the eyes onto the top half of the B (above the muzzle but below the ears).
- Glue the eyebrows over the eyes.
- Glue the circle-shaped paws (hands) beside the muzzle.
- Glue the oval-shaped paws (feet) onto the bottom of the B.
- (See the picture above for how it is meant to look when complete).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one
page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).