DLTK's Educational Activities
Five Little Pumpkins Felt Board Rhyme
You can use the poem with the Templates a few ways:
- give each child one of the Templates and letting them hold theirs up at the appropriate time in the rhyme -- number the pumpkins so they know which is first, second, third, etc. (you can tape a straw or popsicle stick onto the bottom to make them like puppets... The kids seem to like waving puppets around more than just holding up pieces of paper).
- You could also make the Templates as felt board characters. Simply glue a small piece of coarse sandpaper or felt onto the back of each template so it will hang on the felt board. Place the pieces onto the felt board as you do the rhyme.
- OPTIONAL: cover the Templates in clear contact paper (bought as a roll from your local office supply store for under $5) to make them last longer.
Five Little Pumpkins
Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate.
The first one said, "Oh, my it's getting late"
The second one said, "There are witches in the air."
The third one said, "But we don't care."
The fourth one said, "Let's run, let's run!"
The fifth one said, "Isn't Halloween fun?"
Then Woooooo went the wind
And OUT went the lights.
And five little pumpkins rolled out of sight.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).