DLTK's Educational Crafts
Danny Diamond Shapes Buddy
Danny the Diamond is an easy paper craft to help young children learn about diamonds. See if you can count how many there are in the craft.
We also have a basic diamond craft if you prefer something simpler.
- something to color with (crayons, paint, markers, etc)
- print template of choice.
- cut out the template pieces. This may require adult assistance. If you have a beginning user of scissors, let them cut out the easy (large) pieces (like the head and body) while you cut out the harder ones (eyes and arms).
- glue the pieces together.
- Glue the arms and legs onto the body (the largest diamond)
- Glue the treasure chest into one hand and the sword into the other
- Glue the smallest diamond onto the belt
- Glue the head onto the top of the body
- Glue the face and hat onto the face
- If you get stuck, use the small image at the top of this page to give you an idea of how it goes together.
- If you are working with a large group of children, you may wish to pre-make an example Dashing Danny Diamond to display during craft time.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).