DLTK's Educational Activities
Basic Diamond Shapes Craft
by Leanne Guenther
This is an easy paper craft to help young children learn
about the triangle.
This is a more basic diamond craft than the Danny the Diamond Shapes Buddy.
- OPTIONAL: something to color with (crayons, paint, markers, etc)
- Print out the template of choice.
- Cut out the template pieces. This may require adult assistance. If you
have a beginning user of scissors, let them cut out the easy (large) piece (body) while you cut out the harder ones (mouth, eyes,
arms and feet).
- Glue the pieces together.
- Glue the face onto the diamond.
- Glue the arms onto the sides of the diamond.
- Glue the legs onto the bottom of the diamond.
- If you are working with a large group of children, you may wish to
pre-make an example to display during craft time.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of this instruction page