DLTK's Nursery Rhymes for Kids
Little Miss Muffet Toilet Paper Roll Craft
by Leanne Guenther
Little Miss Muffet is an easy color, cut and paste craft for children
to uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional
- 2 toilet paper rolls
- something to color with (if using the B&W template)
- paper (I
prefer construction paper).
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces if using the B&W version. Give the kids the chance to be creative and let them use their favorite tools -- colored pencils, crayons, markers, pastels or paints.
Whatever inspires them today.
- Carefully cut out the craft templates. This may require some adult assistance for some of the tougher pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper tube.
- Glue on the arms and the head.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the toilet paper roll, bending the tabs to make a 3D effect.
Glue the bowl and the spoon into the hands
- Cover the second toilet paper roll with the smaller rectangle. (this is the
- cut off the excess toilet paper roll (it will be about 2/3 the original
- Cut off the back of Miss Muffet's dress (you'll see the piece in the
template that says cut out)
- Set Miss Muffet on the tuffet --- tape her on. (OPTIONAL: instead of tape, you can make a short slit on either side of Miss Muffet
so she'll slide onto the tuffet and won't fall off)
- Glue the spider at Miss Muffet's feet.
version of instructions