Story Sequencing Cards
What is it?
Arrange a series of picture cards into the logical order to create the story
from beginning to end.
This gives the children the chance to demonstrate and reinforce their
recollection of the story.
(Click here for more
story sequencing from DLTK's)
1. Free Play
- Give the child the cards in a random pile.
- Allow them to arrange the cards in the order they want to to make up their
2. Memory (Guided) Play
- Read the child the story using our poem
or Mini Book or
your own storybook.
- After the story is through, ask them to arrange the cards in the same
order as in the story.
Flash card type Templates. You can use these in a variety of activities
(see activity suggestions above).
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color pieces, as necessary.
- OPTIONAL: Glue to a thin piece of cardboard (ex: old cereal
boxes) and let dry (you can also laminate or cover with clear contact paper
to make them last longer)
- Cut out the cards. This step may require
- OPTIONAL: You can glue a small piece of sandpaper or felt onto the
back of the cards -- this will allow them to be used on a felt board.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Templates - with words (color)
Templates - images only (color)
Print friendly version of these instructions