DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Gingerbread Man Toilet Paper Roll Craft
This cute gingerbread man craft is a simple cut and paste toilet paper roll craft that children can make to add a three dimensional effect to the characters of the Gingerbread Man Rhyme.
- a toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- something to colour with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces if using the B&W version. Give the kids the chance to be creative and let them use their favorite tools -- colored pencils, crayons, markers, pastels or paints. Whatever inspires them today.
- Carefully cut out the craft templates. This may require some adult assistance for some of the tougher pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the wavy, icing belt around the center of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the peppermint candy drops down the front of the toilet paper roll like buttons.
- Glue the Gingerbread Man's head on the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the arms on the side.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the toilet paper roll, bending the tabs to make a 3D effect.
- Glue the candy cane into one of the hands.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).