DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Gingerbread Man Paper Plate Craft
This cute gingerbread man craft is a simple cut and paste craft that children can make using a paper plate. This fun craft adds a creative effect to the characters of the Gingerbread Man Rhyme and can even be converted into a mask.
- a paper plate,
- something to colour with,
- a piece of paper
- Paint the bottom of the paper plate brown.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces. Most of the pieces are simple enough shapes for young children to cut out, but if needed, an adult can help with some of the harder pieces (the hair and the bowtie).
- Glue the pieces to the plate to make a gingerbread man face:
- Glue the icing hair on the top of the paper plate.
- Glue the mouth at the bottom of the plate.
- Glue the jellybean nose just above the mouth.
- Glue two of the eyes just above the nose (or cut out holes for eyes in a mask).
- Glue the candy bowtie underneath the mouth.
- Optional: If making a mask, use masking tape or duct tape to attach a thin strip of wood, a tongue depressor or a paint stir stick (often free at paint supply and home repair stores -- no more than $1 -- we get dad to pick one up now and then when he's at home depot admiring the tools *grin*).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).