DLTK's Crafts for Kids: Jack and the Beanstalk
Jack Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Jack is a fun and simple color, cut and paste paper craft that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect. He goes well with the
paper towel roll beanstalk craft.
- a toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- something to colour with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces if using the B&W version. Give the kids the chance to be creative and let them use their favorite tools -- colored pencils, crayons, markers, pastels or paints.
Whatever inspires them today.
- Carefully cut out the craft templates. This may require some adult assistance for some of the tougher pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the top of the toilet paper tube.
- Glue the dark brown rectangular piece around the bottom of the toilet
- Glue the narrow, light brown belt around the toilet paper tube where the
other two pieces meet.
- Glue Jack's head onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the arms on the side.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the toilet paper roll, bending the tabs to make a
- Glue the basket of golden eggs and the white hen into Jack's hands.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).