DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Jack and the Beanstalk:
The beanstalk paper towel roll craft goes really well with the Jack TP Roll craft!
- a paper towel roll (extra long TP roll),
- something to colour with
- a piece of paper for the printer,
- green construction paper.
- Glue a green piece of construction paper around the paper towel roll.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces if using the B&W version. Give the kids the chance to be creative and let them use their favorite tools -- colored pencils, crayons, markers, pastels or paints.
Whatever inspires them today.
- Carefully cut out the craft templates. This may require some adult assistance for some of the tougher pieces.
- Glue the leaves from the template onto the paper towel roll with the
leaves facing downward and the colored side facing the stem.
Optional: Cut out the leaves from green construction paper. They should
be shaped like a heart with a rectangle coming out of the top. It is faster
if you fold the paper a few times and then cut half of the heart shape out
on the folded side, so that when you unfold the pieces they look like the
whole leaf shape.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).