DLTK's Educational Activities
Basic Oval Shapes Craft
This is an easy paper craft to help young children learn about the triangle.
This is a more basic oval craft than the Opal the Oval Shapes Buddy.
- OPTIONAL: something to color with (crayons, paint, markers, etc)
- Print out the template of choice.
- Cut out the template pieces. This may require adult assistance. If you have a beginning user of scissors, let them cut out the easy (large) piece (body) while you cut out the harder ones (mouth, eyes, arms and feet).
- Glue the pieces together.
- Glue the face onto the oval.
- Glue the arms onto the sides of the oval.
- Glue the legs onto the bottom of the oval.
- If you are working with a large group of children, you may wish to pre-make an example to display during craft time.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).