DLTK's Educational Activities
The Gingerbread Man Puppets or Felt Board Characters
These gingerbread man templates can be used for felt boards, puppets or story boards. Instructions for each are listed below.
- Print either colour or black and
- I like to use a sturdier paper like construction paper or card stock (either print straight on or glue template to it depending on your printer.)
- Color as appropriate.
- Cut out template pieces (this may require adult assistance).
- OPTIONAL: Laminate or
cover pieces with clear contact paper if desired (this is like see through mactac and can
be purchased at office supply stores).
- It will make the characters last longer but is not necessary.
- We usually don't do this, ourselves, because worn out puppets are a great excuse to make new characters for a different story!
- Tape craft sticks (ex: coffee stir sticks, popsicle sticks or tongue depressors) to the back of each character. We like using coffee stir sticks as you get a lot for your money.
For FELT BOARDS:
- OPTIONAL: Laminate or cover pieces with clear contact paper if desired (this is like see through mactac and can be purchased at office supply stores). It will make the characters last longer but is not necessary.
- Glue small pieces of rough sand paper to the back of the characters. They will now stay up on a felt board.
For STORY BOARDS:
- Take a large piece of paper and arrange the characters to tell the story.
- Draw additional details as desired.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).