This witch craft is based on the the character in the fairy tale story of Beauty and the Beast. Children can use their cut and paste skills and creativity to give the witch character a three dimensional effect.
- a toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- something to colour with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces if using the B&W version. Give the kids the chance to be creative and let them use their favorite tools -- colored pencils, crayons, markers, pastels or paints. Whatever inspires them today.
- Carefully cut out the craft templates. This may require some adult assistance for some of the tougher pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the top of the toilet paper roll.
- If using template 2 (the skirt), form it into a cone and slide it over the toilet paper roll at this time. You can use a bit of glue around the “belt area” to hold it on, but I usually just let it sit on loosely.
- Glue the bow near the top of the tp roll, on the “shirt”.
- Glue the witch’s head on the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the arms on the sides.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the toilet paper roll, bending the tabs to make a 3D effect.
- Glue the witch’s hat onto the top of her head.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).