DLTK's Educational Printables for Kids
Assembling your mini book.
Kaitlyn, the "K" in DLTK, put together this demonstration video to help with assembling your mini book.
- Printed templates for your mini book in color (or in black and white if you want to color it yourself)
- Glue stick (optional)
- Set the cover page aside
- Fold all the numbered pages on the dotted line with the pictures facing out
- When you have folded all the pages you may notice that you have an uneven edge. In that case use your scissors to trim the uneven edge.
- Now that all of your pages are folded and trimmed, if you would like, you can use a glue stick to glue the two halves of the pages together. Remember, this still does not include the cover page.
- Now that your numbered pages are complete you can start on your cover page. Fold on the dotted line and use your scissors to trim the uneven edge.
- Now that all of your pages are ready you can start to assemble your book. Start by taking your numbered pages and ordering them in numerical order. Make sure that the odd numbers are facing up and the folded edges are facing to the right.
- Take your cover page and open it like a folder. Put the pages inside so that when you open the cover page the first page you see is number one. The unfolded edges of the pages should be against the folded edge of the cover page.
- Put three staples on the edge of the book to hold the book together.
- Flip through the book, carefully folding the pages so that it is easier to use.
- Practice reading!