Print out the draw and write activities with a space to draw and lines to write to get your children combining their drawing and writing skills!
Your child may choose to focus his or her own drawings and paragraphs on the themes within The Emperor's New Clothes, or he may let his imagination run wild. Anything is possible with fiction and art! I think these 'draw and write' activities provide children with a great way to see how their drawings can be translated into words (and vice versa)!
- crayons or something you like to draw with,
- Draw and write a few sentences based on the question: "What would you wear if you were the Emperor/Empress?"
- Your child can choose to
- A) Draw in the box and then write a corresponding story.
- B) Write a story and then draw in the box to help your child better imagine what he or she wrote.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Emperor's New Clothes D&W Sheet more lined paper