My niece Sierra made this melted crayon canvas and I was just stunned when I saw it (it's Leanne talking right now *grin*).
I was floored by how artistic it looked and TOTALLY want one to hang on my wall. Of course, I'm weird so I'd buy a bunch of blues, greens, greys and browns and melt it that way. I'm definitely a cool colours kinda gal.
The fact that you can choose the crayon colours and arrange them as you see fit makes this not only an educational project but also a great gift to give to loved ones!
- 1 pack of 24 crayons
- 1 canvas (12’’ x 9’’)
- Hot glue
- Blow dryer
- Garbage bag
- Start buy lining up the crayons in the rainbow order you would like them to be in (there is no "right" way so have fun with it!), then unwrap the paper from the crayons.
- Next, hot glue the crayons onto the canvas like it is shown on the picture. Ask an adult to help you if needed.
- Now set up where you want the melt the crayons with the blow dryer by hanging a plastic bag or garbage bag behind the canvas.
- Start blow drying downwards over top of the crayons until they start melting and dripping down the canvas. In may be messy so be careful and ask an adult to help you with this step if needed.
- Let it dry completely and you are done! Hang it up or set it on an easel for a nice colourful touch to any room.