DLTK's Educational Activities
Viewer Bulletin Board Ideas
- "What a wonderful world" song by Louis Armstrong
- (optional) lyrics for each kid
- white card stock ( 8 1/2 X 11)
- oil pastels
- tell the kids to listen to lyrics as song is played.
- later, group discussion about what makes a wonderful world
(get some ideas for things to draw)
- first show kids what to do
- draw a big circle on paper (i.e. The globe)
- then draw the continents in the continents
- use a light blue oil pastel to colour the water close to the land
- use a dark blue oil pastel to colour the deeper water.
- smudge the two blue's together
- do the same for the land (dark green and light green)
(it looks nice to leave some white space near the centre of the water and land rather than filling the whole page up with pastels)
- outline the globe and continents with black oil pastel (do not spudge and only do this after everything on the globe has been smudged already otherwise it gets really dirty)
- draw and colour things around the globe to show what makes a wonderful world (e.g. rainbows, flowers, people holding hands)
- when everyone is finished, mount the pictures on blue construction paper and hang on a bulletin board.
- I like to write the lyrics of "What a wonderful world" on a poster
board and put it in the middle of the board.