DLTK's Educational Activities for Kids
These are fun little sheets that allow children to colour and cut out the shapes provided and glue them to a second template to make a scene!
A little bit of scissors practice and some shapes matching for preschool, kindergarten and early grade school children.
As an aside, this is also a good primer for drawing
pictures. Seeing the "simple shapes" in a picture is
the first step to becoming a budding artist!
- printer and paper
Optional: Something to color with
- Print out the template of your choice -- you need two Templates
for each project. The one with the shapes and the one with the
scene. You can mix and match the black and white and colour
images if you like (the shapes will match up fine).
- Cut out the images from the shapes template.
- Match up the shapes on the scene Templates and glue them on.
- Let the glue dry.
- Color the image (if you would like to).
Printing the Template:
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Campfire Scene Page
Campfire Shapes Page
Mountain Scene Page
Mountain Shapes Page
Ocean Scene Page
Ocean Shapes Page
Space Scene Page
|with white background||(color)|
Space Shapes Page