Opal the Oval Shapes Buddy
Opal the Oval is an easy paper craft to help young children learn about ovals. See if you can count how many there are in the craft.
We also have a basic oval craft if you prefer something simpler.
- something to color with (crayons, paint, markers, etc)
- print template of choice.
- cut out the template pieces. This may require adult assistance. If you
have a beginning user of scissors, let them cut out the easy (large) pieces
(like the head and body) while you cut out the harder ones (eyes and arms).
- glue the pieces together.
- Glue the skirt (sideways oval) to the body (oval with the words)
- Glue the belt (thin oval) to the body covering where the skirt and body meet
- Glue the arms and legs onto the body
- Glue the head onto the top of the body
- Glue the hair and features onto the face
- Glue the earrings (small ovals) beside the face
- If you get stuck, use the small image at the top of this page to give you an idea of how it goes together.
- If you are working with a large group of children, you may wish to
pre-make an example Opal Oval to display during craft time.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).