DLTK's Educational Crafts
Heather the Heart Shapes Buddy
Heather the Heart is an easy paper craft to help young children learn
about hearts. See if you can count how many there are in the craft.
- something to color with (crayons, paint, markers, etc)
- print template of choice.
- cut out the template pieces. This may require adult assistance. If you
have a beginning user of scissors, let them cut out the easy (large) pieces
(like the head and body) while you cut out the harder ones (earrings and
- glue the pieces together.
- If you get stuck, use the small image at the top of this page to give you an idea of how it goes together.
- If you are working with a large group of children, you may wish to
pre-make an example Heather Heart to display during craft time.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).