DLTK's Educational Crafts
Cera the Circle Shapes Buddy
Cera the Circle is an easy paper craft to help young children learn about circles. See if you can count how many circles there are in the craft!
We also have a basic circle craft if you prefer something simpler.
You can make this craft a bit simpler, by only using the first two Templates or you can go all out and use all four.
- something to color with (crayons, paint, markers, etc)
- CD Rom
- print template of choice.
- You can mix and match the color and B&W Templates to save yourself ink.
- The 3rd template (the body) lends itself especially well to printing out the B&W version on colored construction paper.
- cut out the template pieces. This may require adult assistance. If you have a beginning user of scissors, let them cut out the easy pieces (like the head and body) while you cut out the harder ones.
- glue the pieces together.
- If you get stuck, use the small image at the top of this page to give you an idea of how it goes together.
- If you are working with a large group of children, you may wish to pre-make an example Cera to display during craft time.
- to turn this into a CD rom craft, only use Templates 1 and 2. Glue the circle from template 1 onto the CD rom and put the remainder of the craft together as directed above.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template 1 (alternate):
necklace circles need to be cut out individually
this takes longer but reinforces the circle shape