This cute fairytale story themed craft is a simple cut and paste toilet paper roll craft that children can make to add a three dimensional effect to the character of Rapunzel.
- a toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- something to colour with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces if using the B&W version. Give the kids the chance to be creative and let them use their favorite tools -- colored pencils, crayons, markers, pastels or paints. Whatever inspires them today.
- Carefully cut out the craft templates. This may require some adult assistance for some of the tougher pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the belt around the middle section of the toilet paper roll
- If using template 2 (the skirt), form it into a cone and slide it over the toilet paper roll at this time. You can use a bit of glue around the “belt area” to hold it on, but I usually just let it sit on loosely.
- Glue Rapunzel’s braid onto her head, so it appears to hang over her shoulder
- Glue Rapunzel’s head on the top of the toilet paper roll. If using the template two, the skirt, as well the braid may bend with the skirt, that is okay.
- Glue the arms on the sides.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the toilet paper roll, bending the tabs to make a 3D effect.
- Glue the hairbrush into one of the hands.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.