[manualidad en español]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Paper Bag Mouse Puppet
by Leanne Guenther
Children can make this cute little mouse puppet from a paper bag and our printable templates.
- paper bag
- glue or tape
- OPTIONAL: grey paint
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces as appropriate and cut them out. (cutting may
require adult assistance and can be pre-done).
- See the picture above for how the puppet should look when
GET FAMILIAR WITH YOUR PAPER BAG:
I'm going to walk through this slowly, so try not to
giggle at me.
- Look at your paper bag.
It should be closed and flat like a piece of paper. Just like when they are
- On one side, it's all smooth. This will be the BACK of your
- It's important that all the kids get the back
and front straight at the beginning!
- On the other side there's a flippy tab (which is
typically the bottom of the bag when you're carrying your lunch around...)
- This flippy tab will be the HEAD
- Lift the flippy tab up a bit. Underneath of the tab will be the mouth,
- When the child put's her hand in the bag, she'll
be able to make the puppet talk.
- Look at the rest of the front of the bag. (The 3/4
or so of the bag below the part with the flippy tab) This will be the BODY.
- Look at the sides of the bag. There should be a FLAP of paper.
- We'll be slipping the arms into this flap,
though it isn't a big deal if they glue them right to the front of the
- OK, now that we're comfy with our bags, let's craft!
PUTTING IT TOGETHER:
- If desired, paint the paper bag grey and let
- Print the template of choice and color in the pieces, as necessary.
- Cut out the template pieces
- Fold the corners of the flippy tab under and glue/ tape them to make
a triangular head shape.
- Glue or tape three strips of black paper (whiskers) to the end of
- Glue or tape the nose onto the end of the triangle, overlapping the
- Lift the flap/snout and glue the tongue on underneath it.
- Glue the eyes and ears onto the head.
- Glue the arms onto the bag.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template 1 (color)
Template 2 (color)
Printable version of this story