DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Witch Toilet Paper Roll Craft
The ocean witch, from the fairy tale The Little Mermaid, is a simple color,
cut and paste craft that children can make using a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a
three dimensional effect.
- a toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- something to colour with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces if using the B&W version. Give the kids the chance to be creative and let them use their favorite tools -- colored pencils, crayons, markers, pastels or paints.
Whatever inspires them today.
- Carefully cut out the craft templates. This may require some adult assistance for some of the tougher pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper tube.
It won't completely cover the tube -- trim the tube to make it shorter.
- Glue the witch's head and body onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the eight legs around the toilet paper roll so they are nicely
- Glue the bottle into one of the hands.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).