DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Jill Toilet Paper Roll Craft
by Leanne Guenther
Jill, from the nursery rhyme Jack and Jill, is a simple color, cut and
paste craft that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three
- a toilet paper roll
- something to colour with
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice -- template 2 is optional
- Colour the pieces as appropriate and cut them out.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper tube.
- If using template 2 (the skirt), form it into a cone and slide it over
the toilet paper roll at this time. You can use a bit of glue around the
"belt area" to hold it on, but I usually just let it sit on loosely.
- Glue the head onto the top of the tp roll.
- Glue the bow onto the back of the dress.
- Glue the arms on the side.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the tp roll, bending the tabs to make a
- Glue the pail into one of the hands or hang it off one of the arms.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).