DLTK's Educational Activities
Farmer's Wife Craft
Mary, Mary Quite Contrary
This is a simple color, cut and paste paper craft that uses a toilet
paper roll to make it three dimensional -- fun for young
children to make and play with. Use it as the Farmer's Wife from
Farmer in the Dell, Mary from Mary, Mary Quite Contrary or a gardener for
a spring or summer theme.
- a toilet paper roll,
- something to colour with,
- a piece of paper.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour the pieces as appropriate and cut them out.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper tube.
- Glue on the apron over top of the rectangle.
- Glue on the arms and the head.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the tp roll, bending the tabs to make a 3D effect.
- Glue the hat onto the head and the watering can into the hands
- Close the template window after
printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if
you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE,
PRINTER SETUP in
Printable version of this story