DLTK's Educational Activities
Farmer's Wife Craft
Mary, Mary Quite Contrary
This is a simple color, cut and paste paper craft that uses a toilet
paper roll to make it three dimensional -- fun for young
children to make and play with. Use it as the Farmer's Wife from
Farmer in the Dell, Mary from Mary, Mary Quite Contrary or a gardener for
a spring or summer theme.
- a toilet paper roll,
- something to colour with,
- a piece of paper.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces if using the B&W version. Give the kids the chance to be creative and let them use their favorite tools -- colored pencils, crayons, markers, pastels or paints.
Whatever inspires them today.
- Carefully cut out the craft templates. This may require some adult assistance for some of the tougher pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper tube.
- Glue on the apron over top of the rectangle.
- Glue on the arms and the head.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the toilet paper roll, bending the tabs to make a 3D effect.
- Glue the hat onto the head and the watering can into the hands
- Close the template window after
printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if
you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE,
PRINTER SETUP in
Printable version of this story