DLTK's Educational Activities
Rat Toilet Paper Roll Craft
This is a simple color, cut and paste paper craft that uses a toilet paper roll to make it three dimensional -- fun for young children to make and play with.
- a toilet paper roll,
- something to colour with,
- a piece of paper.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces if using the B&W version. Give the kids the chance to be creative and let them use their favorite tools -- colored pencils, crayons, markers, pastels or paints.
Whatever inspires them today.
- Carefully cut out the craft templates. This may require some adult assistance for some of the tougher pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper tube.
- Glue the tail onto the back of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the head onto the front of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue on the paws
- Glue the cheese into one of the paws
- Close the template window after
printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).