DLTK's Educational Crafts for Kids
Paper Plate Bumblebee Craft
by Leanne Guenther
Materials you will need for the paper plate bee are
a paper plate, waxed paper, scissors, tape, small triangle of black paper (or white paper
coloring black), yellow paint and black paint or marker.
If you don't have yellow paint, cut up 1 inch (ish) squares of yellow construction paper or tissue paper and glue those to the paper
plate (like mod podging) instead of painting.
- Paint the paper plate yellow and let dry.
- With black paint or markers, put on stripes.
- Put on face with paint or markers OR use snips of
cut up paper OR use wiggly eyes.
- Cut two wings out of waxed paper (you can trace
the child's feet for these like in the Footprint Bumblebee crafts or you can just make two
- Attach with scotch tape.
- Cut a triangle out of black paper and tape it to
the back of the bee as a stinger.
"If you attached a strip of poster board (cereal box) underneath the plate long enough for the
child's hand to slide into, it could become a puppet that the child could make fly. The strip should be made wide enough to allow
for fingers to fit."
Printable version of this story