DLTK's Educational Crafts for
Footprint Bumblebee or Paper Shapes Bumblebee Craft
by Leanne Guenther
You can use the Templates I've provided or let the
children do it on their own like my daughter did for hers.
- waxed paper,
- something to colour with
- a piece of paper (I prefer construction paper).
- Print out the template of choice (or make it
yourself... We didn't use the template for the bee in the photo. Tasha loves drawing
BIG lips and eyelashes). You can substitute a tracing of your
child's footprint for the oval in the template.
- If using the B&W version of the template, you can print it on yellow
construction paper as a shortcut.
- Colour the pieces as appropriate and cut them out.
- Assemble your bee (you'll need to trim the
stripes after glueing them on).
- Trace the child's feet on a piece of waxed paper
and use these as the wings.
- altERNATIVE IDEA: Trace one foot on yellow
construction paper and use this as the body. Trace both hands (fingers closed) on
wax paper and use these as the wings.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of this story