DLTK's Educational Ideas - Print and Assemble Books
The Lord's Prayer
This mini book helps children (of all ages!) learn the Lord's Prayer
with words and images. The Templates are at the bottom of the
Feel free to make as many copies as you need (just don't sell them as
they're meant to be free for all to use.).
- paper (you can use a slightly heavier paper for a longer lasting book)
- something to color with (if using B&W template)
We have prepared a demonstration video about assembling your mini book. Watch it here.
- Print template of choice. The B&W version is fun for young
children to color in or for older children to color as gifts for younger
ones. I like printing a color cover and B&W pages.
- Color the template pieces if you are doing the B&W version.
Photos aren't for this book,
but the system works the same.
Fold with pictures out
and trim if necessary
stack with odd
numbers on top
- If you imagine a 'real' book for a second, you know that each page
has printing on the front and the back. We're going to fold
the pages to make it like a real book.
- Ignore the cover for now.
- Fold each page along the center dotted line so the images are
on the OUTSIDE and the blank sides of the paper are on the
inside (imagine you're making a greeting card).
- You can use a glue stick, if you like, to glue the pages together (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE COVER!)
- Stack the pages, so the odd numbers are on top and the folded edges are lined up. Trim with scissors or paper cutter if needed.
- Fold the cover page along the dotted line, again with the images on the outside.
- OPTIONAL: You can laminate the cover page or print it on cardstock if you want it to be more like a real book's cover.
ASSEMBLE THE BOOK:
- Open the cover page (like a folder) and slip the pages inside so that when you open the cover you'll see page 1 -- the unfolded edges
of the pages will go against the folded part of the cover.
- Close the cover page and tap the book so everything lines up.
- Put three or four staples along the edge to hold the book together.
- Trim again, if needed.
- Flip through the book once, carefully folding the pages to make the book easier for the children to read.
PRINTING THE TEMPLATES
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
- There'll be less trimming to do if you also turn off the headers and footers.
the Mini Book
(so you can read through it before printing)
Pg 1 Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy
Pg 2 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as
it is in heaven.
Pg 3 Give us this our daily bread.
Pg 4 And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us.
Pg 5 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us
Pg 6 For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and
the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.
Mini Book Templates:
Pg 1 & 2 Boy (color)
Pg 1 & 2 Girl (color)
Page 3 and 4 (color)
Page 5 and 6 (color)