|This is almost identical to the original custom mini-book, but has a
"God Made Me" theme to it. Thanks to one of our viewers,
JoAnna, for suggesting this version of the book! It allows you to
fill in name, age and quite a few other things to give the book a
There are three 'boy images' (light, medium and dark skin tones) and
different images for where people might live (house, apartment or
farm). Hopefully I've provided enough variety to make the books
work for everyone!
The words in the book aren't as simple or repetitive as some of the
other mini books on the site, but it's fun for preschool/kindergarten
children to try to pick out the words they know (like their name!) and
for Grade 1 and 2 children to read on their own.
- paper (you can use a slightly heavier paper for a longer lasting book)
- something to color with (if using B&W template)
- OPTIONAL: Glue stick
- Click the "Start making your mini book" button at the top or the
bottom of this page.
- Fill in all the blanks and then click the "Build your mini
- Print all the pages to make your book.
- Color the template pieces if you are doing the B&W version.
|ASSEMBLE YOUR BOOK:
- If you imagine a 'real' book for a second, you know that each page
has printing on the front and the back. We're going to fold
the pages to make it like a real book.
- Fold each page along the center dotted line so the images are
on the OUTSIDE and the blank sides of the paper are on the
inside (imagine you're making a greeting card).
- You can use a glue stick, if you like, to glue the pages together (we find this makes it easier for page turning later
- Stack the pages, so the odd numbers are on top and the folded
edges are lined up.
- Put three or four staples along the edge to hold the book
- Trim with scissors or paper cutter if
- Trim again, if needed.
- Flip through the book once, carefully folding the pages to make the book easier for the children to read.
PRINTING THE TEMPLATES
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
- There'll be less trimming to do if you also turn off the headers and footers.
|Photos are for the
custom Girl book,
but the process is the same
Fold with pictures out
and glue (optional)
stack with odd
numbers on top
for PreK through Elementary School Activities!
for free printable coloring book pages!
Take a minute to fill in our
Terms of Service •
© 1998-2015 DLTK's Sites - All Rights Reserved