This grumpy fellow is a simple color, cut and paste craft that children can make using a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect to go with the fairy tale about Rumpelstiltskin.
- a toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- something to colour with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color Rumpelstiltskin if using the B&W version. Give the kids the chance to be creative and let them use their favorite tools -- colored pencils, crayons, markers, pastels or paints. Whatever inspires them today.
- Carefully cut out the craft templates. Take your time and remember that you don't have to be perfect!
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper tube.
- Glue the thin rectangle around the center of the tube as a belt.
- Glue the head onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the arms on the side.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the toilet paper roll, bending the tabs to make a 3D effect.
- Glue the bar of gold into one of the hands
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).