Children can make this fun and simple, three dimensional character of the Emperor from the Emperor's New Clothes using a toilet paper roll and their cut and paste skills.
- a toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- something to colour with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the Emperor from The Emperor's New Clothes if using the B&W version. Give the kids the chance to be creative and let them use their favorite tools -- colored pencils, crayons, markers, pastels or paints. Whatever inspires them today.
- Carefully cut out the craft templates. Take your time and remember that you don't have to be perfect!
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper tube.
- Glue the head onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the arms on the side.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the toilet paper roll, bending the tabs to make a 3D effect.
- Glue the funny underwear into one of the hands.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).