DLTK's Educational Activities - Book Breaks
CURIOUS GEORGE VISITS AN AMUSEMENT PARK ACTIVITY: TICKET TAG
VARIATION ON THE GAME TAG
PREMISE: When George gets caught handing out
tickets to all the children, the ticket seller and guard chase him throughout the
- Choose a guard and a ticket seller to be it (I'm just
going to call them guards from here on)
- You could have just a guard and no ticket seller if
you only want one person to be "it", or
- if it's a large group, you can have multiple guards.
- If you want a little extra fun, have a special hat
for each of the guards to wear.
- Give the other children a piece of paper that has
TICKET written on it
- The children can make their own tickets as practice
- The children who aren't guards are Curious George and
are clutching their ticket as they run from the guard(s).
- Play tag!
- If a guard tags one of the monkeys, they have to hand
over their ticket.
- They then trade places (the guard gives the special
hat to the monkey, the monkey gives the ticket to the guard and they swap roles).
- The new guard should count to five (nice and loud)
after putting on the hat before starting to run after anyone.
- "Aunt Ruby" can referree!
Print friendly version of these instructions