The Very Hungry Caterpillar:
Story Sequencing Cards
What is it?
Arrange a series of picture cards into the logical order to create the story from beginning to end.
Click here for more Story Sequencing
1. Free Play
- Give the child the cards in a random pile.
- Allow them to arrange the cards in the order they want to to make up their own story.
2. Memory (Guided) Play
- Read the child the story
- After the story is through, ask them to arrange the cards in the same
order as in the story.
Flash card type Templates. You can use these in a variety of activities (see activity suggestions above).
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color pieces, as necessary.
- OPTIONAL: Glue to a thin piece of cardboard (ex: old cereal boxes) and let dry (you can also laminate or cover with clear contact paper to make them last longer)
- Cut out the cards. This step may require adult assistance.
- OPTIONAL: You can glue a small piece of sandpaper or felt onto the back of the cards -- this will allow them to be used on a felt board.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).