DLTK's Educational Activities
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Paper Craft
A simple cut and paste craft to encourage the kids to learn their ABC's (and increase enjoyment of this great book!)
Materials required: printer, paper, scissors, glue, something to color with (optional)
ALTERNATIVE: instead of using the ABC template pieces we've provided, you can use abc stickers to create different scenes from the book. Children may enjoy recreating the page that contains the initial of their first name. You can also use the Alphabet Stamps (A thru Z) instead of the d thru h template on this page.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces. For the alphabet letters young children may wish to cut around the square outside the letter instead of trying to cut around the letters themselves.
- Glue the trunk onto a background piece of paper (blue or white construction paper work well).
- Glue the leaves onto the trunk.
- Glue the coconuts onto the leaves.
- Glue the alphabet letters "climbing" up the coconut tree.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).