DLTK's Crafts for
Queen of Hearts Toilet Paper Roll Craft
The Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland is a simple color, cut and paste craft that children can make using a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect.
- a toilet paper roll,
- something to colour with
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice -- template 2 is optional
- Color the pieces if using the B&W version. Give the kids the chance to be creative and let them use their favorite tools -- colored pencils, crayons, markers, pastels or paints.
Whatever inspires them today.
- Carefully cut out the craft templates. This may require some adult assistance for some of the tougher pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper tube.
- If using template 2 (the skirt), form it into a cone and slide
it over the toilet paper roll at this time. You can use a bit of
glue around the "belt area" to hold it on, but I usually just let it
sit on loosely.
- Glue the head onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the crown onto the top of the head.
- Glue the hearts onto the front of the dress.
- Glue the arms on the side.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the toilet paper roll, bending the tabs
to make a 3D effect.
- Glue the sceptre into one of the hands.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).