DLTK's Educational Activities
Willy Watermelon Paper Craft
Color Willy, cut him out and glue him together while learning about
nutrition or the letter W or while enjoying a hot summer day!
- something to color with
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour pieces, as necessary.
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance.
- Glue the small half circle onto the large half circle.
- Glue on the eyes, mouth, arms and legs.
- Ask the kids the 5 W's about watermelons
- Who likes watermelons? (the children who like them will raise their hands)
- What does a watermelon taste (or look) like? (children can describe the watermelon -- sweet, juicy, etc)
- Where do you like to eat watermelons? (camping, the beach, at home, etc)
- When do you like to eat watermelons? (when it's summer, when it's hot, etc)
- Why do you like to eat watermelons? (juicy, like spitting out the seeds, etc)
You might like to have an adult answer each of the questions as an example so the kids get the idea of what's intended.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the
template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in