DLTK's Educational Activities
Letter H Horse Crafts
© by Leanne Guenther
Using the same basic pieces, you can make an upper case or lower case horse out of the letter h!
- something to colour with.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour pieces, as necessary.
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance.
- Glue the face to the front of the h
- Glue the ears and hair onto the top of the h
- Glue the mane down the stem of the h
- Glue the tail on the back (right-most side) of the h
- Glue the two rectangle feet (hooves) onto the bottom of the h
- (See the picture above for how it is meant to look when complete).
- Optional: Talk about some of the letter h words associated with a horse. I've tried to include as many of them as possible in the templates. If you make a few, you
can call them a herd!
- hair: horses have hair not fur
- herd: a group of horses is called a herd
- hooves: the feet of a horse are called hooves (one foot is called a hoof)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one
page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Horse Parts template:
Lower case h template:
Upper case H template:
Printable version of these instructions